As we kick off another year, it is important to pause and reflect on how you will make 2022 the best year yet! Whether this means seeing twice as many patients as you did in 2021, growing your staff in numbers or educationally, opening a new location, or offering a new discipline to help your patients’ recovery process, it is important to take the time to develop a plan, set goals, and determine concrete action items to help you measure success. Don’t be the person that throws around all the cliché one-liners such as “We need to make more money this year” or “We need to see more patients” or “We have to ramp up our marketing efforts” and then not take the time to implement change!
We have compiled a list of the top 10 steps you should take to start the new year off right.
- Review payer rules, regulations, and changes to avoid a disruption in cash flow.
- Review your marketing procedures and how you plan to acquire new patients and retain current ones.
- Review your patient engagement efforts and determine if changes need to be made or new features need to be implemented.
- Dedicate time to EMR optimization.
- Perform a SWOT analysis to determine your practice’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Determine your key performance indicators (KPIs) and determine if any changes need to be made from 2021.
- Review goals and benchmarks set in 2021 and make adjustments to them and/or create new ones for 2022.
- Determine how you will educate/grow your staff in 2022.
- Analyze internal and external policies and procedures and update/amend as required.
- Evaluate your expenses.