Behavioral health leaders across the U.S., including AltaPointe, Missouri Behavioral Health Council, Mind Springs, WellPower and Los Angeles County, rely on our behavioral health EHR to help them integrate care.
Our behavioral health solutions support the delivery of integrated care by driving collaboration across care settings, including health homes, accountable care organizations (ACOs), community mental health centers and Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics (CCBHC), as well as incorporating social determinants of health (SDoH). Our behavioral health EHR platform allows you to efficiently track services and measure outcomes.
Hear why AltaPointe chose Netsmart to help them spend less time focused on technology and more time with patients.
Even broader connectivity to the entire healthcare ecosystem will be required as government entities continue to move toward value-based care models. The good news is Netsmart has already developed proven behavioral health software to make true, integrated care a reality, and many of our clients are already seeing the benefits.
In addition to developing advanced behavioral health technology with mental health and substance use disorders, we are a founding member and the only technology company in the Behavioral Health Information Technology Coalition (BHIT). We use our platform as a leading technology provider to advocate in support of those who often do not have a voice, as well as the organizations that strive to serve their needs.
With growing demand, a landscape of ever-changing regulatory requirements and limited resources, you’re constantly challenged to deliver quality care to everyone who needs it. Netsmart is dedicated to enabling solutions that help public sector agencies make the most of their budgets and resources. We want to help you overcome challenges, so you can improve the health of your community.
The future of healthcare will be built on the delivery of value-based integrated care. We’ve already developed the technology and tools to make this a reality, making us leaders in the industry. In fact, many of our clients are doing today what experts insist must be done tomorrow.
With more than 50 years of experience building behavioral health EHR platforms, our team can help you integrate care by driving collaboration across multiple settings—including hospitals, jails and corrections facilities—and connect with other providers. We can also help you efficiently track clinical measures and prove outcomes, creating shared data that will contribute to your own care delivery and benefit the entire public sector.
Behavioral Health FAQs
A behavioral health electronic health record (EHR) is a digital platform used by healthcare providers to manage patient information related to mental health and addictions. It works by securely storing patient data in a centralized database that can be accessed by authorized personnel. The EHR typically includes features like progress notes, treatment plan and medication management.
Three important things about behavioral health EHRs are:
• They are designed specifically for mental health and substance use treatment
• They improve the quality of care by providing accurate and up-to-date patient information
• They increase efficiency and productivity by reducing paperwork and improving communication between healthcare providers
Using a behavioral health EHR has several benefits, including:
• Improved patient care by providing a holistic view of the individual in treatment
• Increased efficiency and productivity by reducing paperwork and streamlining administrative tasks
• Improved communication between healthcare providers Other benefits of behavioral health EHRs are better medication management, streamlined billing and insurance claims, maximized revenue and increased data security.
There are a core set of features for an EHR specifically architected for behavioral health. These should include:
• Assessments that inform the treatment plan
• Ability to document services and progress notes that reference the treatment plan
• Ability to schedule individual and group services - 360 medication management and e-prescribing
• Secure messaging and communication between healthcare providers Other common features of behavioral health EHRs include appointment scheduling, insurance and billing management and outcome tracking.
When choosing a behavioral health EHR, it is important to consider several factors, including:
• An EHR that has been specially developed for behavioral health
• The specific needs of your practice or organization
• Compatibility with your current systems and technology
• Ability of the EHR to scale the full continuum of human services Other factors to consider may include the software's ease of use, the availability of training and support and the level of flexibility and configuration offered by the software.
There are several legal and ethical considerations to keep in mind when using a behavioral health EHR, including:
• The need to protect patient privacy and confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations
• The need to ensure the accuracy and completeness of patient information
• The importance of obtaining informed consent from patients before using their data in research or for other, secondary purposes
• The ability for a solution to assist an organization in obtaining and maintaining accreditation, as well as being ONC certified platforms
Other legal and ethical considerations may include compliance with state and federal regulations, maintaining data security and ensuring that healthcare providers are properly trained to use the software.