Don´t Wait! Prepare For the ICD-10 Change Now
Don´t wait until the last minute to upgrade your CareRecord (EHR) for the upcoming ICD-10 change. To get ready:
- Review of internal processes and systems to identify anywhere ICD-10 Codes are used, including client billing, claims process, documentation, etc.
- Determine approach for managing transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10 within your internal processes and systems.
- Update any software that documents and/or transmits diagnosis or inpatient procedures. (If you have one of our CareRecords, call your Client Alignment Executive as soon as possible to get the new codes added to your technology.)
- Provide end-user training on the new code sets...review the top 50 diagnosis codes and focus training on those areas.
- ICD-10 provides ability to document at a greater granularity, but make sure your documentation supports the codes used. Review current documentation standards to ensure they capture supporting details.
We´re Your Partner In This Change
We will provide our clients the tools to identify the impacted site modeled forms, advanced billing rules and Crystal Reports (myAvatar™). We will be publishing a list of all standard interfaces and reports to be updated as part of the standard maintenance. As part of this, clients will be required to update site-modeled and forms and table aliasing. If you want to do this on your own, we will provide instructions. If you want help, we can do that too…it´s managed outside the standard ICD-10 upgrade. Lastly, we´ll provide you reports to identify open episodes at the time of the cut-over.